Follow the Park Department
Bixler Lake Park
Lake Park completely surrounds 117-acre Bixler Lake, providing unique
opportunities for outdoor recreation and education. The natural beauty of
the area has been combined with development of facilities for the enjoyment
of all ages and interests. Bixler Lake Park is over 530 acres including the
lake! A pedestrian walkway and nature trail of over three miles circles the
lake through the wetland nature area, and it runs by two beaches and
landscaped woodlands. Six open-air pavilions are available for reservation
and numerous playgrounds provide fun for children. Fishing, boating and
swimming are popular activities. Varied habitats throughout the park
encourage wildlife ranging from deer to fox. Observation platforms enable
excellent wildlife viewing of waterfowl and nature interpretation is
accomplished with signs along the trail and at the trailheads. Other
facilities include a lighted softball field, campground, tennis courts and
A map of
Bixler Lake Park is available to download and print here.
Fees for park entry are:
- Residents - no charge with season pass
- Non-residents - $3.00 per vehicle, $25.00 season pass
Fees for pavilions and gazebo rental are:
- Individuals & non-profit organizations: $25.00 for residents, $40.00
- Large groups and for-profit organizations: $100.00 for residents,
$150.00 for non-residents
Bixler Lake Campground
in the heart of Kendallville's largest city park, Bixler Lake Campground is
dedicated to providing affordable, family-oriented camping experiences.
Beautiful, wooded sites are available, and we accommodate group camping.
Water and electrical hookups are provided, and a camp store offers firewood,
ice, drinks and snacks. Showers and restrooms are handicapped accessible.
A wide variety of activities are available to the camper including fishing
and supervised swimming on 117 acre Bixler Lake. Modern playgrounds, ball
diamond, nature trails, horseshoe, volleyball and many special events
conducted by the campground coordinators complete the list of things to do.
During the camping season, accommodations can be made at the campground by
phone at (260) 242-6898. At other times, the Park and Recreation office can
relay requests at (260) 347-1064. Advanced reservations are required for
holidays with non-refundable deposit.
A map of
Bixler Lake Campground is available to download and print here.
Fees for the 2017 season are:
- Opens last weekend of April (weather permitting) thru weekend
after Apple Festival (weekend is considered Friday-Saturday-Sunday)
** NO CAMPING BEFORE APRIL AND AFTER mid-OCTOBER **
- Wood: $4.00 (15 pieces/bundle)
- 1 RV and 1 tent or 2 tents per site (each additional tent has an
- Campers pick spots except for holiday weekends
- To reserve ahead, you must pay for 1 night (not electrical hook-up)
- Golf carts allowed if handicapped
- Camp office hours: April through Memorial weekend - M-Th 4:00-8:00pm,
Fr Noon-8:00pm, Sa-Su 10:00am-8:00pm
- Daily: $20.00, $2.50 additional for optional electrical/water hookup,
$2.50 additional for air-conditioning, $23.00 for Holidays
and Apple Festival weekend plus $2.50 additional for optional
electrical hookup and $2.50 additional for air-conditioning.
- Monthly: $385.00
- Not for tents. Tents can only stay a week at a time.
- Includes hook-ups.
- Septic dumping: No charge for campers, $20.00 all others.
- Plus tax for all fees.
Once you've experienced the quiet, relaxed atmosphere of Bixler Lake
Campground, you'll want to return.